Image

Image
The Narrow Path

Thursday, August 6, 2009

A little break...

It has been several weeks since my last post and the longest break I have taken since starting this blog earlier this year. I am actually sitting in the break room at a church west of St. Louis attending the Willow Creek Leadership Summit. This is an annual leadership conference hosted by Willow Creek which is located in the suburbs of Chicago. There are hundreds of satellite locations around North America and the world which host this conferences via simulcast. I attended my first in Grand Rapids in 2001 and every one thereafter until 2006. After leaving Kentwood Community Church in 2006 (which was a host site as well), I had not attended one since. So here, three years later I am back and as usual Bill Hybels opened the Summit with his leadership message and as usual, it was very good and a shot in the arm in regard to leadership.

On a side note, we Zilkies are planning a little get-a-way here soon as well. Also, the 100 days mark is almost upon us so there is much to write and reflect upon as the summer winds down in the next month. In the meantime, it is good to be back engaging you my blogging friends and I will be back soon...

No comments: