Image

Image
The Narrow Path

Friday, March 5, 2010

How the Kingdom of God Works...

Julie and I have been very encouraged these past several months with all of the amazing things we have seen God do in the lives of different people. God is doing something special, and although we are not sure exactly what, we are so blessed to be witness to it. However, in God's economy true spiritual growth and the advancement of the kingdom of God has a cost. That cost is...Me. If you are going to be a part of the true spiritual work that God wants to do, it will cost you your life.

The past several months we Zilkies have had a tubal/ectopic pregnancy, Julie has had two visits to the hospital, Julie's mom's husband of 9 years passed away, and during our trip back to see them the whole family got the flu at the same time (that really was an awful 24 hours). During our drive back yesterday, God used these difficult events in the Zilkie family to bring up some hard stuff in my life and in our marriage. Some of “the stuff” that we never even knew was there. Please pray for Julie and I as we "go there" and ask God to reveal, convict of sin, forgive, and heal our hearts in the things that God is showing us. It is not easy to surrender to God...

Ever since I recommitted my life to Jesus Christ at 17 I have wanted nothing more in life than to see the God of the Bible reign and be recognized as the same almighty and sovereign God in our lives today...because He is. Yet, to be a part of that and by His grace to be a leader in that, I know it will require the same thing it required of Jesus, all 12 of his disciples, and millions of followers of our Lord Jesus since...death.

Galatians 2:20 says, "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me."

During our recent baptism service, one of the Rooftoppers shared about the horrible stuff that happened to her before she gave her life to Jesus. She commented about all the people who say how "unlucky" she is to have gone through her troubles. She however, sees it differently. She stated in her testimony that she sees herself as the luckiest person in the world that God would love her so much that He would stop at nothing to break through her pride and self centeredness to pour His grace into her life. She sees her hardship as a necessary human part to surrendering her life fully to Jesus Christ. Oh, that all of us who "follow Jesus" could truly believe and live out those hard yet beautiful words.

No comments: