Image

Image
The Narrow Path

Monday, August 22, 2011

Back Home from Africa

It is Monday morning and our team has returned from Africa.  Lori and Rebecca returned on Wednesday afternoon and Nathan and I returned on Friday afternoon after a couple extra days traveling across the country of Zimbabwe.  I am so thankful for the trip and for the team who went.  There is much to think and pray about.  In fact I spent a couple hours this morning journaling and praying about the trip.  (Jet lag has had me up at 2, 3:30, and 3:45 the past three mornings...at least I think it is jet lag.  Maybe it is God wanting me to have extended time with Him which is an even better reason to be awake.)

Our trip was a success as far as I would have measured it before leaving.  I had some rough ministry expectations in several different areas and from my perspective, we exceeded my hopes in all of them.  The team members, their spiritual fervor, and their generosity of spirit to love one another and the people of Zimbabwe were crucial and essential in the overall success of the trip.  It was a pleasure and privilege to lead this team.

The locals in Zimbabwe were very thankful and grateful for our ministry and our team and team members were also deeply impacted on a personal and spiritual level.  There is much to unpack in the weeks ahead, but I wanted to update you and thank you for your prayers and support for our journey.  I look forward to sharing more in the days ahead.

In the meantime, here is a "nugget" God shared with us through Francis, a local Zimbabwean liaison and guide while in country who is also our friend and brother in Christ.  After returning from what we sensed was a very successful ministry conference to the young leaders in the local churches, he shared this with us during the next morning's devotional time:

After returning from a successful ministry effort where the disciples were casting out demons, healing people, and seeing the power of God manifest itself in many ways, Jesus gave them these words, "Do not rejoice in this...(the miracles and power)...but rejoice that your names are recorded in heaven."

If you are a true follower of Jesus, ...rejoice that your names are recorded in heaven.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen

Amrita of www.yesugarden.blogspot.com