Image

Image
The Narrow Path

Friday, February 8, 2013

Back After A Little Break

Well after several recent conversations with people who have wondered where the blog went, I am back. Thanks to those of you who care, read, and even encourage me to get back into posting more regularly. As you all know we had quite a summer with Julie in the hospital and Elijah being born a preemie. After one of my last posts, I just felt a little tired. I am not one of the the super-bloggers who posts every day or every other day, but I sense it is time to get back at it.

 A quick update on the Zilkies...

Elijah recently celebrated 6 months and we are thrilled with the little guy. He smiles all the time. In fact I tell him that he could charge for his smiles as they are mesmerizing, except that he gives them away too freely and thus diminishes the value of them...simple economics with supply and demand. He has yet to grasp that idea fully and just keeps on giving them away.



Julie is doing well. Her transition from mother of a preemie newborn into home-schooling mother back in October was a challenge, but she is into it full swing.

Also, the boys are doing great with their school work, reading and learning a ton. We made some changes in our curriculum and home-school philosophy, moving more toward a "Charlotte Mason" approach which is more book oriented and things are going well.

Caroline is almost done with her 100 lessons which I mentioned in my previous blog post from November. It is so cool to see your child improve in reading day to day, right in front of you. She will take her book and practice her new words on her own, which is a wonderful sign of her willingness to work and apply herself. 

For me, 2013 has been quite encouraging. I began more regular physical activity with a combination of running and increased walking. After three years of living within walking distance of Rooftop, our church building where I work. I have only begun walking to and from on a regular basis since December...kind of pathetic. Additionally, I have been out running in that time and have set some activity goals each month that I have enjoyed reaching. I am reading more, both books and Scripture, which is something I want to do but got away from for a while.

This increased activity and discipline in my life has flowed over to the spiritual and increased my appetite and desire for the God through His Holy Spirit to work in my life as well.  I have felt God challenging my in some areas of the heart; about how I pursue Him and seek after Him day to day, and moment by moment during each day. It has been encouraging to feel His presence and activity in my life as I have sought to draw near to Him -- James 4:8.  There is a lot more here, but for the time being I would welcome your prayers for me that I will be faithful to apply what He has already shown me.  So many times we hear from God but do not actually put into practice what we have heard.  Sadly, I am guilty of that often and I want to honor and obey the Lord better than I have.  When I think of His love for me and the grace He has shown me through Jesus Christ...how can I be okay with anything less?

For those of you signed up and reading the email alert coming to you Saturday morning, I hope you have a blessed day and weekend.  For the rest of you who "drop in", thanks for doing so.  Peace of Christ to you!


1 comment:

Susan in St. Louis said...

Thanks for the update, Jeremy! :)