Image

Image
The Narrow Path

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Family Update

Thank you to all of you who have been praying and inquiring of how Julie and the family are doing.  On a whole I would say we are doing much better: Julie is home, Selah has transitioned well away form breast-feeding, our long time friend Jen from the Detroit area is visiting for 10 days, I have begun  reading Lord of the Rings to David and Jonathan and they are loving it, and I am presently at a ministry conference in Minneapolis for 2 days.

Julie however is not yet completely out of the woods.  Her body is still thinking she is pregnant to a degree, and thus her hormone levels are not dropping as they should.  She is having to visit the doctor a couple times a week for blood tests and monitoring while we wait for them to return to normal.  If you could, please pray that she would return to normal and that her body would heal from all that has taken place.  Her spirits are high and she is (as always) one of the primary joys of my life.  Ironic, since the conference I am attending is about Joy and what "True Joy" is about and from where it comes.

If you could, please pray for me as I am away that I would hear from the Lord and benefit from the time spent focusing on Him.  There is much on my heart and I want to be discerning and wise as to what I endeavor and how I should respond to Him in all that I am hearing and learning.  Thank you for your "agape" (unconditional love) as well as your "phileo" (sisterly/brotherly love).  Julie and I regularly give thanks to God for the support and love, both local here in St. Louis and around the world, that we are blessed to receive.

No comments: