Image

Image
The Narrow Path

Friday, January 20, 2012

Psalm 33

Tuesday morning as I began to journal and pray I felt like God wasn't all that big and I was much more important than I should be.  (My importance in this world always leaves me feeling uncertain and out of control.)  This is a good indicator in my life that things are upside down and I need a reorientation.  I opened up to Psalm 33 and here are some truths that the Holy Spirit impressed upon my heart and used to renew my mind for the day:

v.5 - He loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of the steadfast love of the Lord
v.6 - the word of the Lord made the heavens and all their host
v.8 - let all the earth fear the Lord, let all the inhabitants stand in awe of Him
v.9 - He spoke and it came to be, He commanded and it stood firm
v.12 - Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord...
v.15 - He who fashions the hearts of them all and observes all their deeds
v.16 - the king is not saved by his great army...
v.17 - the war horse (or Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles - ICBMs) is a false hope for salvation
v.18 - the eye of the Lord is on those who fear Him, on those who hope in His steadfast love
v.20 - our soul waits for the Lord, He is our help and our shield
v.21 - our heart is glad in Him, because we trust in His holy name
v.22 - let Your steadfast love, O Lord, be upon us, even as we hope in You.

It is always encouraging and liberating to be resized by the word of God His eternal truths.

1 comment:

todd said...

closely related to v.17:

Ps. 146:3
Put not your trust in presidential candidates, in a son of man, in whom there is no salvation.