Image

Image
The Narrow Path

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

100 Days (Update)

With all of the "hoopla" over the new administrations first 100 days, why not give my own 100 Days update??? So here goes my first installment...

May 19th (19 Days) - It has been almost 3 weeks since we arrived here in St. Louis and we are settling in quite nicely. The family is doing well, David celebrated his 7th birthday at the zoo last Friday. He and Jonathan loved it and more frequent visits will only increase their love of animals and zoology. We continue to settle into our temporary home as I cleaned up and organized the boxes in our upstairs room, leaving only the basement to yet be organized. Last night we had our second dinner guest, a young woman who attends Rooftop and had a delightful time opening up our home and getting to know her better in the process. We have had several Rooftoppers stop over to visit and have greatly enjoyed our time spent with them.

I have had numerous meetings with ministry team leaders and small group leaders here at Rooftop and have enjoyed each of them tremendously. My schedule is filling up with such appointments. A note of caution...I need to be careful not to allow the shared meals to add to my weight. During my 5 years at Kentwood and all of the "ministry meals" I went from 185 to 225 lbs. (Rooftoppers please do not be offended if when we meet it is over coffee a, a cold glass of water, and possibly some celery)

I really enjoy working with Matt and Jason and appreciate all of the work and effort they have given and continue to give to God and the Rooftop community. I am excited to be a part of this staff, sharing in the opportunities to serve the community alongside them. My first preaching opportunity will be Sunday, May 31st while Matt attends some classes for school. I am very much looking forward to the opportunities to share with my brothers and sisters as we gather together on Sunday morning as a family of Christ followers. Also, I am working with Jason in planning the worship event called "The Boiler Room" taking place on Saturday, June 6th. ***If you are able to attend, we would LOVE to have you join us for this evening of setting our busyness aside and just focusing on God.

Julie is adjusting well and attending a women's event this evening while I watch the kids and listen to some Red Wings playoff hockey. We are wanting to reestablish more systems for our family, like we had in Michigan, which will help provide more structure for our day...but those will come in time.

All in all, the first 19 days has gone well and from what I can tell have been a success. The best part of all is the opportunity I have every day to meet people and see just what God has been doing and continues to do in the lives of people here at Rooftop. This is one of my greatest passions and one of the most enjoyable aspects of ministry. God and Rooftop have not disappointed and I look forward to the many days ahead.

2 comments:

ampc said...

Thanks for the update; glad you're doing well!

Amrita said...

God to read you are doing well