Image

Image
The Narrow Path

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Day 15 - 30 Weeks

Since we have officially reached 30 weeks in Julie's pregnancy, which is a vastly better place to be than 24 to 28 weeks, I want to take a moment and once again give thanks.  These past couple of days have been a little erratic but things have once again settled down and Julie has been downgraded to periodic monitoring once again as well.  


I can say now after many weeks of surviving and hanging on that the new mode of "Zilkie Life" is somewhat tiresome.  Not so much burdensome because I don't feel weary of the work or extra responsibilities, but tiresome in that I miss my partner.  During the message on forgiveness at Rooftop today, it made me think of the fairly smooth life Julie and I have managed to build over the years.  We of course hurt and sin against each other, but nothing lingers that we know of.  I know my role, she knows hers, we work well together, neither of us tries to control each other, our "operation" here on Weber Road runs pretty smoothly.  

There is a certain rhythm and harmony to life that can't exist as long as Julie is not present.  It is this that I miss.  I confess the age old truth that you don't realize what you have until it is gone.  We Zilkies are eating, sleeping, washing, laughing, praying, and doing well here in the home in spite of Julie's absence.  However, we don't have rhythm and we definitely don't have the harmony our home usually enjoys.  Julie and I together with the grace of God and the power of the Holy Spirit are able to bring this into our home.  For the time being however, we are missing it and I would say that this is one of the things I look forward to most after this ordeal is over.  

In the meantime, we stay on mission, keep Julie stable and healthy in the hospital, and wait and pray for Baby Zilkie to get big and strong...strong enough to enter this world and thrive as a newborn should.  Thanks for following along these past six weeks and for celebrating 30 weeks with Julie, myself and our family.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You bless me with your reflections on this time. You are one of my heroes, Jeremy Zilkie. I am so blessed to have you through this, and the fact that things are going as smoothly as they are is due in such a large part to you and your serving us all so selflessly with ne'er a complaint.
Your wife,
Julie

Unknown said...

awe that is so sweet and yay for 30 weeks! Prayers for health and stability and family rhythm to return.

Shawn said...

Ewww...get a room...no, wait that's what got you into this in the first place... :-)

Seriously though, it is such a blessing to see your love for one another so clearly on display. Congratulations on 30weeks! THAT IS AWESOME!! Hang in there Zilkies (all eight of you...) We'll keep praying that God will sustain you...in health, in harmony & holiness (all good prayers must be in 3 alliterative parts...right? Oh, wait...those are sermons)
Lots of Love! The Charney family