Image

Image
The Narrow Path

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Steady As She Goes & Julie Speaks - Day 5 (Round 2)

I apologize for the sparse updates since Julie checked into the hospital again on Sunday.  The good news is that there is no bad news to report.    We Zilkies fervently believe that all healing comes from the Lord as the Bible calls God the great healer.  At the same time, God is sovereign above all things and should somebody not receive the healing they are praying for, we can have great confidence that God has a greater purpose in mind. He is not some distant and maniacal deity smiting some and blessing others.  Rather, He is the eternal God who sees the end from the beginning.  He is outside time and our temporal life on this earth is but a vapor to Him...here one moment and gone the next.  It is in this God whom we entrust ourselves, both for the vapor-life we live on earth and for the eternal life awaiting us thereafter.


That being said... :-)...both times Julie has checked into Mercy Hospital, both times her acute symptoms  have diminished.  Julie and Mercy seem to have some kind of "thing" going on and that is great.  As much as we would love her to be home, if being there is good for her and the baby, we are glad to sacrifice for a time.  Speaking of home, my sister Katie and their family drove down to help us out this weekend which is a WONDERFUL blessing.  Not only that, but they changed plans from a family camping trip to come and be with us.  We as a family love having them here and I personally am THRILLED and blessed that they would serve us in this way.  There is much going on at Rooftop currently and my ability to work and serve the body these current weeks has been such a gift to me, the staff, and the church body as a whole.

(I am now going to have Julie post on the blog from the hospital to see if there is anything she would like to add.)

Julie is there anything you would like to add???


I am amazed at how the Lord continues to bring me here under very precarious circumstances, but then once here, very quickly stabilizes and begins to heal my body. Earlier this morning, I found out from the high risk doctor that the day I walked in here, I was in a very dangerous place, both for myself and the baby.  I had no idea, and they do a great job of acting cool, and not letting on, which is probably for the best.  They did not expect for me to be there more than an  hour before needing to do an emergency c-section.  In fact, they were busy typing my blood to make sure they had the right blood on hand for a transfusion, etc.  Yep, I'm glad I didn't know that!  However, as time has gone on, they continue to find me a "mystery" as I am not following the "normal" course they would expect to see.  I still have a very significant placental abruption, and that is concerning to them, but so far, it remains stable, and my fluid level continues to go UP, despite my leaking fluid.  This, to me, is the healing hand of the Lord, because the more it goes down, the more pressure it puts on the placenta, and the more likely it is to continue tearing as it has less cushion because of the diminished amniotic fluid.  I hope this all make sense!!  If and when it would tear, we would have a baby within 10 minutes or less.  They have put my room right next to the O.R. just in case.  I guess that should be reassuring....kind of. 

All that being said, I am resting in God's peace that He knows how this all ends, and I can trust His hand is upon the situation.  I am using my "mission trip" at the hospital to share His love and truth with all the nurses and doctors I can, and have been so blessed by my time here, believe it or not.  I even managed to secure a private crochet lesson today from one of the nurses.  There are some perks!

Thank you all for the phone calls, visits, laptop, flowers, chocolate treats, and most of all, prayers.  I am so thankful to be a part of the body of Christ.

2 comments:

Liza said...

Wow! Great to hear that prayers are being answered, and that you are getting the mission trip you have been praying about. God is awesome!

Unknown said...

Great answer to prayers and may God continue to guide the doctors. He is the mighty healer and His perfect will reign supreme. Erin & I love you, the baby and your entire family! Thanks for all of the encouragement to those around you throughout this storm. God is knitting together His perfect plan day by day! Peace & Comfort with you.