Image

Image
The Narrow Path

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

2013 Reynosa, Mexico Trip - Monday (cont) - Post #2

So this morning after praying last night and getting up early to see what God had for me in my "thirst", I continue reading and studying through Romans 1.  Well this morning I read verses 22-23 which are "Claiming to be wise, they became fools and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things."

Well, we all in our sin and rebellion have exchanged God for our own feeble and fruitless desires and control and in so doing we are fools though we claim to be wise...this is me for sure.  And yet, recently the Holy Spirit has been reminding me that in Christ, I can exchange my own efforts, my own sin, my own flesh, my own control back for God, for Jesus Christ my Savior and the Lord of all.


So this morning, after expressing my desire last night but being too tired to do anything about it, I went to sleep.  I got up early as I wanted, I sought the Lord, and the Holy Spirit impresses on me this idea of "exchanging" me for Him and more specifically Jesus Christ.  Well, Jesus is more than enough for my thirst and my desire...in fact I could never ask for anything more than Jesus and to put a capstone on the morning I listened to, and prayed, and wept the words of this beautiful by Fernando Ortega:



This is our God who would love me and all of us so much to lead me in His Word, from last night to this morning and then...give me this, Himself...Jesus.

Father God, open up my eyes today to see Jesus as we venture back out into the Colonia and seek to serve in your name.  May you give me and the whole team Jesus this morning and this day.

No comments: