Image

Image
The Narrow Path

Thursday, March 21, 2013

2013 Reynosa, Mexico Trip - Thursday AM - Post #6

Am I my brother's keeper?  This is a question that has been asked going all the way back to Cain and Abel and its implications are many.  Here in Mexico the question has a specific meaning and application.  You see, not speaking Spanish I can spend time and play with the children, have very brief interaction with the folks we are building the homes for, and then pray for them knowing that the Holy Spirit will bridge any and all cultural and language barriers.  Yet my scope of ministry to the locals is limited.  But I also feel the burden of ministering and serving these fellow sons and daughters of our Heavenly Father while traveling with and serving them.


I have always loved "the church" but I am a very self-centered person and for so many years had so little self-awareness of others, choosing not to be "slowed down" by their issues or protests whatever they might be.  Yet God in His grace has been teaching me over the years how to better love and serve people rather than just ignore them or run past them.  The verse that God has impressed on me for some time is Hebrews 10:24-25 which says, "And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near."

God wants me to be praying for my team here in Mexico and interceding for them that they might have some important and powerful Holy Spirit moments in their lives.  In fact He wants all of us who are "in the family" to be praying for one another in this way and to also be "considering" how we may stir one another up to love and good deeds.  Pray for me today as I, by God's grace and the leading of the Holy Spirit, seek to do this for the team.  I hope to ask them each what God may be speaking to their hearts thus far on the trip... because He always is trying to work in and through us.  Also, please ask yourself the question, "How might I encourage a brother or sister in the Lord to love God more or to love His children, my brothers and sisters in Christ, a little bit better this day?"

So the answer is a resounding "Yes!!!"  I am my brother's and my sister's keeper and part of my mission is to pray and to try (as feeble as my efforts might be some time) to encourage them this day to love and follow after our God a little more faithfully, passionately, and purposefully.  If we all did this with a little more thoughtfulness and purpose, our church(es) might start looking a little bit different.  Holy Spirit, may it start with me and my selfish heart?!?!?!

No comments: