Image

Image
The Narrow Path

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Day 4 - A Blessed Night & Better Morning

Well yesterday Julie turned 38 years old and officially became a year older than me...again.  This happens every year on the 5th of June until November 13th when I have my birthday.  I once again am now married to an "older woman"...which I think is really cool actually.  She really cherishes these 6 months every year and any references I make to them. :-)


When I arrived at the hospital last night she was feeling much better and had been removed from the 24 hour monitoring.  Now she only needs periodic monitoring and can hopefully get some sleep at night.  Her water level is down to a 12cm from 20cm when she checked in on Sunday and higher than that before her water broke in the first place.  Interestingly, 10-12 is very normal so after all her "flowing" she is now down to a normal level.

As I was there with her visiting and sitting next to her in her hospital bed, the nurse came in with a special birthday surprise.  They told us that I could take her on a 30 minute wheel-chair ride around the campus that evening.  Happy Birthday to you Julie!!!  We quickly headed out and ended up spending 20 minutes out in the courtyard on a beautiful evening watching the sunset.

It was a blessing to have my wife and best friend back in solid state of mind and cheerful disposition.  I was again reminded how much we take for granted and that our mental clarity and emotional stability is such a gift from the Lord.  When you are young and invincible you just don't think about these things, but as I have gotten older and life happens, I am graciously reminded by God that "every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of heavenly lights..."  (James 1:17).

Before leaving last night I prayed for Julie that she would get some rest and she did...4 hours of sleep straight!  This morning she was up, answering emails, and trying to help coordinate the logistics of caring for our family over these next 3 months.  It is also wonderful to have my partner back as well.  Zilkie Family Inc. runs best when our Chief Operating Officer is engaged and doing what she loves to do.  Thank you all for your continued prayers.  There is a long road ahead, but here on Day 4 we are feeling cared for, humbled and very blessed.

No comments: