Image

Image
The Narrow Path

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Day 5 - A Quiet Day and Zeka Time

It has been a fairly quiet day today which is great news for the Zilkies.  Julie got her best night of sleep yet and said she felt good this morning when we talked.  Several Rooftoppers stopped in today and she has enjoyed the fellowship time immensely.


Tonight we make our first individual visit with a child.  Selah has drawn the first Visitation Ticket and will be couriered over to the hospital by our dear friend Jen for a one-on-one with Mama.  The trip, the time with Jen, and then time with Mama, should make for a great evening for Selah.  The plan is to read to Selah and try to have some snuggle time as well.  On top of that the oldest three, David, Jonathan and Caroline, are going to a talent show with a Rooftop family and should have a lot of fun.  This leaves Papa with "Zeka" as we like to call him.

For some time, when I have spent time with Ezekiel I have called it "Zeka Time".  Well two days ago, after a somewhat sad day for Zeke without his Mama, he walked up to me with a sad face and said, "Papa, you need some Zeka Time."  Immediately I squatted down, touched his face, and told him how much I would love some Zeka Time but was unable to do so at that time.  It really broke my heart as my son was calling out for me to be with him. Well, I honestly didn't plan for it, but God in His grace and abundant blessings has given me some Zeka Time this evening.  I am excited for our kiddos to get out and have some fun.  I am most thrilled though that I get to take my darling four year old out for ice cream and some Zeka Time.

No comments: